Dartmouth Psychological Services is a team of collaborative practitioners, providing evidence-based mental health care in the HRM for over 20 years. Our team is guided by the highest standards of care to help youth, adults, couples, and families navigate a path to enhanced well-being. From individual counselling and assessment to group therapy and workshops, we work collaboratively with you to ensure you are receiving services that are right for you.
Specializing in evidence-based therapy and counselling for adults, couples, youth, parents, and families.
Concerns we commonly assist with in therapy include:
- Abuse, Trauma, PTSD
- Addictions/Substance Misuse
- Anxiety, Panic, and Phobias
- Assertiveness/communication skills
- Body Image and Disordered Eating
- Chronic pain and illness
- Caregiver fatigue
- Family issues and conflict
- Grief and loss
- Impulsivity and behavioural concerns
- Management of anger and difficult emotions
- Parenting problems
- Personal growth and wellbeing
- Relationship difficulties
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Sexual difficulties
- Sleep difficulties
- Sports performance and exercise
- Work-related stress and burnout
Treatment modalities we offer include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Emotions Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (GMCT)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness-based therapies
We offer comprehensive psychological assessments to youth & adults for educational, diagnostic, & legal purposes.
Assessments are helpful for identifying specific learning styles and difficulties, determining the nature of presenting problems and symptoms, for formal diagnosis, answering specific questions of concern, and for creating rehabilitation/treatment plans.
Assessment Services we offer include:
- Psychoeducational Assessment (Cognitive, Learning Disability, ADHD)
- Mental Health Diagnostic Assessment (screening, personality testing)
- Neuropsychological Assessment *
*We are not currently accepting referrals for Neuropsychological Assessments.
Workshops & Group Sessions
Mindfulness, therapeutic workshops, and group classes are offered in partnership with Breathe Mindfulness Centre .
The Breathe Mindfulness Centre is run by Registered Clinical Psychologist, Jacqueline Milner.
It was founded with the intention of enhancing your overall wellness through the integration of conventional treatment and mindfulness.
For more info visit the Breathe website